The Sahaj Marg Spirituality Foundation, a non-profit organisation registered in US, Austin TX and each of its affiliates, namely Shri Ram Chandra Mission NPC, incorporated in South Africa (hereinafter referred to as "Company," "We" or “Us”) respects your privacy and is committed to protecting it through our compliance with this policy.
This policy describes the types of information we may collect from you or that you may provide when you visit the website located at www.heartfulness.org, any of our social media sites, mobile apps or any other online site hosted or managed by us (hereinafter referred to as our "Site") and our practices for collecting, using, maintaining, protecting, and disclosing that information.
This policy applies to information we collect on this Site and in email, text, and other electronic messages between you and this Site.
It does not apply to information collected by us offline or through any other means, including on any other website operated by us or any third party or by any third party that may link to or be accessible from or on the Site.
1.Information We Collect
We collect several types of information from and about users of the Site, including:
● If you engage in email, text, and other electronic messages with this Site, information by which you may be personally identified, such as name, e-mail address, telephone number, and any other information which you provide to us; and
● When enrolling in workshops, classes or other Services, we may collect certain personal information from you, such as your name, address, email address and other information that you submit to us (the above, collectively, "personal information"). We collect this information:
● Automatically as you navigate through the Site, which information may include usage details, IP addresses, and other information collected through cookies, web beacons, and other tracking technologies described below.
● Directly from you when you provide it to us.
Information We Collect Through Automatic Data Collection Technologies
As you navigate through and interact with the Site, we may use automatic data collection technologies to collect certain information about your equipment, browsing actions, and patterns, including:
● Details of your visits to the Site, such as traffic data, location data, logs, and other communication data and the resources that you access and use on the Site; and
● Information about your computer and internet connection, including your IP address, operating system, and browser type.
We also may use these technologies to collect information about your online activities over time and across third-party websites or other online services (behavioral tracking).
The information we collect automatically is only statistical data. It helps us to improve the Site and to deliver a better and more personalized service, including by enabling us to:
● Estimate our audience size and usage patterns;
● Store information about your preferences;
● Speed up your searches; and
● Recognize you when you return to the Site.
Information You Provide to Us
If you contact us on or through the Site, the information we may collect may include personal information such as name, e-mail address, telephone number, and any other information you provide to us, including records and copies of your correspondence.
2. How We Use Your Information
We use information that we collect about you or that you provide to us, including any personal information:
● To assist trainers in conducting training in person or remotely;
● To present the Site and its contents to you;
● To provide you with information that you request from us;
● To fulfill any other purpose for which you provide it; and
● For any other purpose with your consent.
3. Disclosure of Your Information
We may disclose aggregated information about our users, and information that does not identify any individual, without restriction.
● To a buyer or other successor in the event of a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution, or other sale or transfer of some or all of our assets, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation, or similar proceeding, in which personal information held by us about the Site users is among the assets transferred;
● To fulfill the purpose for which you provide it; and
● With your prior written consent.
We may also disclose your personal information:
● To comply with any court order, law, or legal process, including to respond to any government or regulatory request;
● If we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to protect the rights, property, or safety of us, our customers, or others.
4. Our Use of Tracking Technologies
The technologies we use for this automatic data collection may include:
● Flash Cookies. Certain features of the Site may use local stored objects (or Flash cookies) to collect and store information about your preferences and navigation to, from, and on the Site. Flash cookies are not managed by the same browser settings as are used for browser cookies. For information about managing your privacy and security settings for Flash cookies, see “Your Privacy Rights” below.
5. Our Retention of Your Information
6. Our Protection of Your Information
We have implemented appropriate technical and organizational security measures designed to protect the security of any personal information we process. However, please also remember that we cannot guarantee that the internet itself is 100% secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal information, transmission of personal information to and from the Site is at your own risk. You should only access the Site within a secure environment.
7. Your Privacy Rights
If you are resident in the Republic of South Africa and you believe we are unlawfully processing your personal information, you also have the right to complain to the Information Regulator (South Africa) who is empowered to monitor and enforce compliance by public and private bodies with the provisions of the Protection of Personal information Act 4 of 2013. You can find their contact details here: Complaints email: complaints.IR@justice.gov.za / General Enquiries email: firstname.lastname@example.org / Telephone: 010 023 5200
Based on the provisions of the Protection of Personal information Act, in South Africa, you have the right to request access to the personal information we collect from you, change that information, or to request that we delete it . To request to review, update, or delete your personal information, please send an email to the email address included below. We will respond to your request as soon as is reasonably practicable. We offer no assurance that your information will be totally removed from the applicable databases if such information is required to comply with applicable law and regulations.
Upon your request to delete information we have stored about you, we will delete your information. We will notify you of the action taken in response to your request.
8. International Transfers of Your Information
If you are located in South Africa, your personal information will be transferred to and processed by our teams located in the India and United States in accordance with Chapter 9 of the Protection of Personal Information Act 4 of 2013. Please contact us through the contact information provided below if you would like to see a copy of the model contracts.
If you otherwise live outside the US and India, or wish to attend our classes, workshops or other services outside those countries, your information will be passed to our selected partner organizations authorized to provide those services and they may contact you in connection with the services, and hold your information. Our partner organizations are responsible for how they use your information and you should consult their own privacy policies in that regard. We and our partner organizations may host your information in, and transfer your information to, countries outside your country of residence, including to the US and India and you consent to that transfer.
9. Updates to this Policy
10. Contacting Us
Last updated: April, 2021